Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What a difference a day makes!

Sorry about the crappy picture quality.  I took these photos with my cell phone.  The point I am trying to illustrate here is how 24 hours can make such a huge difference in the Vegas weather.  While we did not get snow like the other side of the valley, we got lots and lots of rain and gloom.  Reminded me of living in Seattle.  However, this morning when I woke up the sun was shining!  Happy Day!!  We still have some rain in the forecast and cold temps for the next few days but I can handle it knowing the sun will be back soon!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

I am so sorry to hear of your bad weather. It is a balmy 18* here in Snohomish and has been below freezing since Saturday and will continue to be for the rest of the year. More snow tonight and tomorrow and then on the weekend. I am so glad that we got to enjoy a little sun and warmth in Vegas. Enjoy your Holidays.
Love you guys, Jeanne

Katy said...

I don't have to hate you today because it is sunny here too! It's only 16 degrees but that's ok because it's SUNNY!

The kids are bouncing off the walls 'cause we're supposed to get more snow tonight and tomorrow and then again on Sunday. I am making a mad dash today to finish the Christmas shopping. Won't happen though, I'm taking Nannie which is like shopping with a turtle. ;-)

Jason Roth said...

I kind of liked the ugly weather. It's nice for a change. And it doesn't last long, which makes it even better.

Unknown said...

Well, at least SOMEONE is seeing the sun--b/c it ain't me here in Ohio! It's been gloomy & cold for a LONG time, and today it finally is snowing. In fact, I'm expecting school to call at any minute & tell me they're releasing the kids early today (at the very least they'll have a snow day tomorrow, I'm sure.)

~Christy