Sunday, September 28, 2008
Posted by Shelly... at 3:33 PM
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Posted by Shelly... at 2:24 PM
Monday, September 15, 2008
Thanks to my friend, Kevin for sending me this...
I’m a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight….
* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you’re “exotic, different.”
* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.
* If your name is Barack you’re a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you’re a maverick.
* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you’re well grounded.
* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate’s Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran’s Affairs committees, you don’t have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you’re qualified to become the country’s second highest ranking executive.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you’re not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you’re a Christian.
* If you teach teach children about sexual predators, you are irresponsible and eroding the fiber of society.
* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state’s school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you’re very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family’s values don’t represent America ’s.
* If you’re husband is nicknamed “First Dude”, with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn’t register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that hates America and advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
OK, much clearer now.
Posted by Shelly... at 7:00 AM
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Posted by Shelly... at 10:38 AM
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Our last night in town before we headed back to Vegas we spent with Aunt Becky and Uncle Dale. Becky made a fabulous Mexican dinner and yummy Margaritas. Shelly hung out on the couch dosing up on cold medicine and trying not to freeze (notice the Alderbrook sweatshirt) and Alan and Dale were their usual goofy funny selves.
Posted by Shelly... at 10:04 AM
Before heading out, we got to meet James and Aimee's newest addition to their family. Jelly Bean. She is a mix of French Bulldog and American? Anyway, you have got to love that face and those teeth (or maybe only her mother could love it). She was very friendly and we hope to see her again!
Another shot of Jelly Bean.
Nephew Jaxon (he was the ringbearer and looked very sharp in his little suit and tie) and my brother Jacob.
After the wedding James and Aimee headed to their cabin at Mt. Baker. I know they were exhausted and looking to decompress for a few days. They will be going to New Zealand in a few months for their honeymoon, and I imagine another party since a lot of Aimee's family lives there and only a few people were able to make it to the wedding.
Posted by Shelly... at 9:51 AM
I don't have very many pictures of the wedding. I took this shot right before Aimee walked down the aisle. I will have some actual professional pictures to post after James and Aimee get their pictures back, but trust me they make a beautiful couple!
Posted by Shelly... at 9:44 AM
After the wedding we had cocktail hour outside. Passion fruit margaritas and seafood to go around. It was awesome. Later we headed into the main room for dinner, dancing, and drinking!
Alan and Shelly
James with his long-time buddies Dino and Jason. Love the double fisted drinking going on!
Mom, my sister Erin, and me. James gave me a hard time the next day and said that Mom outpartied me. My excuse was a crappy cold and I only made it until about 10:30. What a weekend to get sick!
Posted by Shelly... at 9:32 AM
James and Aimee had a reheasal dinner outside for all of us to enjoy. There was lots of Southwest BBQ style food and beer and wine. Great combo! James surprised Aimee with a slide show of pictures from when they were both kids up until present. It was put together really well and it was hilarious listening to the reactions from the guests. Everyone thought Aimee's pictures were so cute (and they were), but the pictures of James brought mostly laughter and wisecracks from his friends. His pictures were just as cute especially the tubby baby pictures!
Posted by Shelly... at 9:12 AM
My mom wasn't engrossed in the game and was actually someone to talk to that wasn't! :)
Posted by Shelly... at 8:57 AM
I think these were Bill and Melinda Gate's float planes. They own part (or all?) of the Resort and have a house nearby. We were all standing outside talking when Bill and Melinda walked through our group. You would have thought it was a rock star the way we all went silent and were gaping. But I guess the richest man in the world can have that effect on people!
Shelly (who was COLD)
No explanation needed
Posted by Shelly... at 8:47 AM
Posted by Shelly... at 8:40 AM