Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Visiting

So, Alan and I headed to Seattle for my brother's wedding. We had a short trip and didn't have time to see a lot of friends, but did make the most of the time we had. We just got back into Vegas tonight and even though I have had my Blackberry with me the whole trip I do feel a bit out of touch! Not that it killed me to stay off the computer for a few days but I just feel so behind with all my blogs, email, and Facebook. :)

I am going to do several posts over the next day or so of our trip. I will bore you with all the details and start with the beginning. We got off of the plane Thursday night around 9:30. We decided to stay at a hotel near the airport and lucky for us we picked the Ramada Inn. What a dump. We were on the second floor but the building was literally about 5 feet from Pacific Highway (Highway 99 or now known as International Boulevard). All I know is that it's the ghetto and it's near where I grew up. Nuff said about that! The next day before we met my friend for lunch we took a little drive. I do miss the water and yes, that is blue sky you are seeing. Didn't see a lot of it this trip but it was there when we needed it! This is a view of Lake Washington with Bellevue in the background.
Alan and I met my best friend, Danielle for lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant, Tai Ho! Not only did I see Danielle (and I would say catch up, but we talk to each other several times a week), but I also got to eat their incredible Kung Pao Chicken. I have to say this pictures isn't the best of us as we are squinting into the sun, but hey at least there was sun!

2 comments:

kel said...

Ahhh...I do love Seattle. Almost convinced myself to move there until I realized I couldn't ever have a tan. Which is why I stay in SoCal.

Unknown said...

I've never been to Seattle, but hopefully I'll get there one day...Chinese food is MY FAVORITE! Unofortunately there aren't any good places here in Ohio.
~Christy