Saturday, February 7, 2009

Here I am...

I have been getting some crap for not posting more which makes me happy that I have a reader or two. I just haven't had a lot to say lately (hard to believe). I'm still unemployed, although I do have a job interview on Monday. It's with a company that worked with my last company. I don't know what I want to do, but I figure it won't hurt to talk to them. I seriously haven't even updated my resume yet (will this weekend though). I guess after being laid off again in less than a year my motivation is somewhat lacking. The thought of having to put myself out there all over again really bites especially with this economy and all the competition. I don't think I do very well in interviews. I have a hard time getting my point across clearly and concisely. So in the meantime, I will enjoy this housewife gig, but I feel like I can't be too picky right now because what if I get so desperate for a job that I have to go back into retail or make $13 an hour again? The horror.

Also, as many of you know, Willy, our Boston Terrier, died on Thursday. It's been tough around here, and we really really miss him. My next post will be about him, so you can all see his cuteness.

On a more positive and cheery note, I have some visitors this next weekend. Christy, Yolanda, and Katy will be coming into town for a girl's weekend. We are all blogger friends and have never met (well, obviously I know Katy since she is my stepdaughter). It's going to be a great weekend and I'm sure we will all have fun things to post to our blogs or Facebook. Hmmmm...maybe blackmail pics? Nah.

6 comments:

Katy said...

I'm hoping to get a pic that will top the one of you, your boobs and your dog inside your shirt on top of your boobs!

But I promise not to blackmail anyone, I'll just post it for free. *evil laugh*

(My word verification is anticar. I want a new one, of all the people in the world I am *not* an anticar person!)

Jason Roth said...

Good luck on Monday. And I'm so sorry for your loss.

Yo said...

i'm excited for blackmail pictures. they WILL be posted.

my word verification is nismo. as in, this weekend in vegas is going to be NISMO, yo!!

Yo said...

oh, and sending you good luck get a great job vibes your way =)

my word verification is fetan. like, i hope fetan get to vegas with little traffic.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Absolutely love your site. Would love for you to register and be a part our community.
Cagora
- Where Passions become Profitable

P.S. I back linked you

M said...

I am so sorry about your dog, he was a cutie. I love dogs but refuse to get one because a) I'm allergic now and b) you outlive them and it is always so hard.

I am still wishing I could come down and see you all this weekend, if only it wasn't an 8 hour drive I would be there, Ned in tow because he is mine for the weekend! I am sure you will have a fabulous time and I am hoping that you get to come on that trip to Reno so we can meet up and drink martinis!