Sunday, July 6, 2008

Playing Tourist

Most of you know that I'm not a big fan of going to the strip. However, our friends, Eddie and Ginger, have been telling us for a while how much fun Margaritaville is and really how could it not be fun? It has two of my favorite things--food and margaritas! We sat up on the rooftop bar and had a great view watching the madness on the strip. It was warm, but occasionally breezy with misters blowing on us. We ate coconut shrimp, drank margaritas, and enjoyed the evening with our friends. Life doesn't get much better!

Shelly & Alan
Alan with Caesar's Palace behind him
Eddie
Ginger & Shelly
View of the strip


6 comments:

uncle al said...

I have to add that the Strip, once you get there, is one of the premier people watching places in the country. I feel if I just sit in one place and watch the parade, sooner or later, everyone in America will walk by. Talk about diversity.

Brittany said...

I am so jealous!

Katy said...

Hey, I like Dad's new face fungus! Looks like a fun place, we'll have to check it out next week.

Unknown said...

We've never made it to Vegas (not yet anyway) not exactly a place we want to vacation with the kiddies! It looks fun and all, although I think I might be a little more interested in the other parts of the state--different landscape than I'm used to and all. I bet you get A LOT of visitors in that convenient location though--totally fun! :)
~Christy
Heavy in the Caffeine

Shelly... said...

Christy,
There are some awesome places to go to around the state that don't involve gambling or bright lights. We have a few favorite spots and do bring our numerous guests to them (all the friends and family live on the West Coast so we manage to see everyone at one time or another). If you and hubby ever want to make it out to Vegas you know someone here for sight-seeing!

Jeanne said...

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
How come you never take auntie to those fun places. lol

Katy>> I was wondering if that was salt from the drinks on your dads face.
Doc said I can drive today. who hoo
I forgot to ask about my motorcycle>>>that should be ok too right?